Left Hand Path Blog

Open Letter to Luciferians

Luciferian

With all due respect, I am happy to see so many who are showing their enthusiasm for the Luciferian philosophy which values free-thought, and spreading the Light of knowledge and understanding above all else.  With so many truth-seekers out there my hope for humanity is renewed!

The only issue I have with some of my Luciferian brethren is the intolerance they have shown toward Satanists.

Personally, I don’t have a problem with Satanists, and would fight for their right to believe as they wish without condemnation, especially from fellow walkers of the Left Hand Path.  I feel that there is considerable overlap between Luciferian and Satanist ethics and philosophy, and that we should have more understanding and tolerance toward each other than most.  That being said, however, there is plenty which distinguishes Luciferians from Satanists as well, but we should not feel threatened or compelled to disparage them in a pathetic attempt to defend our own philosophy.

There are three reasons for this.  The first is that we defy the fundamental core of our own philosophy of tolerance, free-will, and open-mindedness when we ridicule another belief system, especially one which overlaps considerably with our own.  When Luciferians do this, they undermine their own credibility and that of Luciferianism in general.

Second, it seems like Satanists get ridiculed from all sides.  They are disrespected by Pagans and Christians alike.  I have even heard some of the local Taoist leaders express intolerance toward Satanists, which I find ironic on many levels.  And while many of us have made progress in the Pagan community as far as acceptance goes, there is still a stigma with regard to Left Hand Path philosophies overall, so Satanists still make better allies because they are essentially in the same boat.  It just makes more sense to work with them rather than distance ourselves from them regardless of how others perceive us.

Last but certainly not least, Luciferians need to dump the apologetic, self-justifying mentality.  We have nothing to defend!  We are strong, independent, sovereign beings who are making good use of our free-will!  Why in the name of all that is illuminated, do we care if others judge us according to their own uninformed criteria?  We have NOTHING to prove!  We know that our actions speak louder than words, so why do we bother giving lip-service to closed-minded individuals who will undoubtedly, never see things from our point of view?  Our philosophy and integrity is portrayed more accurately through our work and service to humanity, not pointless proclamations against the choices others have made for themselves.

It is not enough that we think for ourselves!  We MUST accept everyone’s right to think for themselves and respect their choices!  THAT is what Luciferianism is about!

Therefore, I will not use Satanism as a whipping-boy in futile efforts to convince others of the legitimacy of Luciferianism.

Sincerely,

Tau Pneumatikos

13 responses

1. I don’t have any problem either with the satanist fans its there rights to worship what the believe.

October 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM

2. Wonderfully written piece. Time to look through differences and look at mutual interests. I’m sure there are things on which we disagree, but I am equally sure that the things that unite us are stronger.

October 26, 2013 at 6:12 PM

• Thank you for your thoughtful comment!

October 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM

• Thank you for you thoughtful feedback!

October 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM

3. Eliecer Socarras

I think there should not be any conflit betwin Satanist and luciferians,since satan and Lucifer are friends for ever and they have no struggle
    l over power at the end will be joint in the same army to defit liers and hipocrits

November 6, 2013 at 2:01 AM

4. Eliecer Socarras

I do worship Satan but nevertheless I love Lucifer as well

November 6, 2013 at 2:03 AM

5. Pingback: Ouroboros - Circle of Life or Death - Discerning Life

6. Do I have to be nice to ONA?

July 26, 2016 at 2:01 PM

• That’s up to you Etu. Personally, I just ignore the ONA for the most part. However, they did write some interesting stuff about the Acausal.

July 26, 2016 at 4:29 PM

7. Ave My Lady! This RAWKS! THIS is what I try to tell my fellow LHP Brothers and Sisters All. The. Time. I myself am a Luciferian Satanist, as I have my *own* unique understanding of it. We truly *do* need to all of us stick together, instead of all the disparaging negativity some of us seem to feel justified in throwing at one another.

July 26, 2016 at 3:21 PM

• Thank you for the kind words Marie! I recently collaborated on a book about Luciferianism, called Lucifer, Light of the Aeon. I will announce on this site when it will be available. We just finished the final edit.

July 26, 2016 at 4:27 PM

• ChoiceSupremus 1@gmail.com

I am a Satanist. As it is right now that could/can change and probably will. Just last week out of no where I was curse out by a Luciferian for nearly a half hour.I will Never go that direction any other aspect of LHP but not that. I believe once is enough. So, tell you people the example they set is important.

July 26, 2016 at 7:35 PM

8. We all must believe as we wish. We also need to stop making our Allies our enemies. I agree 100%

July 31, 2016 at 1:43 AM