Left Hand Path Blog

Yes, There ARE Lady Freemasons! Update!

I belong to an International Masonic order called Le Droit Humain (Human Rights in French).  It was founded in 1893 in Paris France and had Lodges all over the world.  Le Droit Humain practices and performs all of the regular Masonic rituals and ceremonies from the 1st through the 33rd Degrees including many of the side Degrees.  What makes us different from the Masculine Lodges is that we admit all qualified individuals without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or lifestyle.  Hence our order is rich with diversity and appreciation for various philosophies, beliefs, and learning styles.

Since we are an esoteric Masonic organization, we take the edification of our history and symbolism very seriously and meet often to study and exchange ideas about the imagery and allegory imparted in our rituals.  And speaking of rituals, I have been a member of various orders throughout the years but none  can come close to the spiritual high I have felt during the Masonic rituals.  There is something so magical about those experiences, time just stands still and I can literally feel all the brethren who came before me.  I can feel them stepping where I step and saying the words I am saying.  There are times when I can actually see them with my mind’s eye; but it is not at all eerie.  It feels natural and right to experience these things, as if we were meant to connect with our ancestors and take the lessons we learn out into the world in order to make it a better place.

I have been a member of LDH for 9 years now, and have never lost interest in the study of the Craft as it just keeps getting more interesting and I keep getting closer to my sisters and brothers in the order.  We may not all have the same beliefs or walk the same path, but there is a level of love, integrity and respect that I can find nowhere else.  I am truly humbled to call these honorable people my brethren.

Update: These days I’m a member of a new Triangle in Atlanta, Georgia and some of my Brethren come from as far away as North Carolina to do the Great Work.  We also have some who have affiliated with us for various reasons, the main one being that they want to learn more about the symbolism and sacred geometry of Freemasonry.  Together we share and learn about the deeper spiritual mysteries.

If this message resonates with you and you feel compelled to connect or reconnect with your Masonic family, don’t hesitate to leave me a message.  If you live in a different part of the world, chances are we have a Lodge in your country/city, so if you want to be a Mason, ask a Mason!

Pneumatikos

4thc

22 responses

1. Deborah L Davis

O.E.S

September 9, 2014 at 7:50 PM

• Not O.E.S

September 10, 2014 at 2:22 AM

• John Hosking-Rowell

I have been a Lodge Subscribing Member since I joined in 1991, my travels have introduced me 6 different constitutions and rituals and from studied in Masonic Research discovered Le Droit Humain during this era in the late 1990’s….😊
        However, should the Untited Grand Lodge of Victoria find out that I had actually attended any other order where I sat in Lodge with members of the fair sex, they would proceed under the sworn oath of constitution and ritual to expel me from the Royal Art Freemasonry 😡
        I also discovered a similar order in Brisbane Street, North Perth, Western Australia a building displaying the sign International Co-Freemasonry… 😮

January 15, 2015 at 8:54 AM

2. ian pearson gibson

I never knew there were lady freemasons.

January 15, 2015 at 9:45 AM

3. henry

Im interested in gettin to kno how to travel….

January 15, 2015 at 10:33 AM

• Henry, you can contact me here: https://www.facebook.com/Hansenlaurie

January 15, 2015 at 10:07 PM

4. gylaine

a want. tobe member of this. group help me to be together one alike togeve me chance and. good lack

January 16, 2015 at 2:53 AM

• Feel free to contact me at lauriehansen93@att.net and I will put you in touch with the leaders in your area. Thank you for your interest!

January 17, 2015 at 4:49 PM

5. Ese mandil no es del Droit Humanin (DH) No.?

January 16, 2015 at 7:12 AM

January 17, 2015 at 4:50 PM

6. i’m a writer. How about letting me do an article on you?

Frederic L. Milliken
    Executive Director Phoenixmasonry

January 16, 2015 at 2:37 PM

• Dear Mr. Milliken,
      I would be honored!
      You can reach me at lauriehansen93@att.net

January 16, 2015 at 9:02 PM

7. Feeling attracted to a fellow Mason… Arrrgghh… Cognitive dissonance overload… 🙂

Seriously, that’s a beautiful photo, in many respects. I have heard a great deal about LDH that I find appealing, particularly its emphasis on the esoteric aspects of the Craft. I greet you well and I wish you well.

S&F,

Neil
    (UGLE Mason)

January 16, 2015 at 8:39 PM

• Thank you!

January 17, 2015 at 4:48 PM

8. Im a master mason from casper lodge #15, im very interested in learning more about your lodges. I think is a beautiful thing that women dont get deprived of the same rights thatwe have. Please feel free to contact me.

January 18, 2015 at 8:39 PM

9. Vanessa West

I am also a Master Mason with the same order as Bro. Laurie. I have been in the Craft for almost 2.5 yrs and been raised for over a year. It has been an experience like no other. Whether you from Blue Lodge, Prince Hall or any other honorable order, I see all as brethren even though the feelings may not reciprocate. It is important to understand that masonic education does not end when work is completed in lodge. It is up to the mason to take that knowledge and research in detail. It’s those “ahh, I see” moments that sends you on as much as a high as in ritual.

May the GAOTU smile upon each of you.

February 22, 2015 at 10:55 PM

10. Vanessa, Thanks for that great post! I could feel your enthusiasm!

February 22, 2015 at 11:01 PM

11. Abraham Francois Hanekom

I am a Master Mason and RA Companion, English Constitution. I know my constitution has a bar on its members fraternising with co-fremasonry. I am very interested to vissit a Lodge of LDH.

February 26, 2015 at 2:00 PM

12. Hello Laurie, I am an EA and i am sooo excited about LDH. I belong to unity lodge 1860 Nigeria

February 27, 2015 at 7:19 AM

• Awesome Sister! Very pleased to meet you!

February 27, 2015 at 7:48 AM

13. Holon

im interested to know if there is a lodge near Tampa FL.

June 6, 2015 at 3:33 AM

14. I think there is. You can contact them at this site http://www.comasonic.org/
    Or you can find me on Facebook and I will direct you to the right people. https://www.facebook.com/Hansenlaurie

June 6, 2015 at 11:03 AM